Materials are required everywhere - for
making various products. Materials often define the capabilities,
potentials, cost, limitations of the technology and determine
the quality cost and life of products. Manufacturing methods
and processes affect the quality and cost. Therefore,
focusing on materials, methods and processes has become
COSMIC LABS is an independent
laboratory established (est. 1987) and managed by team
of professionals. It specializes on the influence of materials
factors (composition, trace constituents, micro and macro
structures, impurities, properties, particle size, morphology...
etc.), manufacturing methods and processes (treatments,
times, temperatures, heat transfer conditions, mixing,
charging, handling... etc.) on quality, product reliability
and in testing, applied R&D and providing total solution.
COSMIC LABS has chosen the deliverance
of reliable reports and highest quality and dependable
service to each and every customer very time and on time
as the goal. Achieving, sustaining excellence, perfection
and gaining customer appreciation through improved customer
service and value addition is the objective of COSMIC
FIELDS and SECTORS
COSMIC LABS concentrates on
and caters to the technical needs in
- Material development and application
- Product and process development
- Energy conservation
- Pollution prevention
- Cost effective methods of manufacturing
- Government and defence
- Mining, mineral processing, earth moving, steel, cement,
construction and infrastructure development
- Metals, non-metallic materials, manufacturing, engineering,
automobile and transportation.
- Power, electronics and communication
- Food processing, chemical, and fertilizers
- Banking, insurance, judiciary, healthcare... sectors
COSMIC LABS has years of experience
in testing, materials characterization, failure analysis,
failure prevention, testing for remnant life assessment,
pollution testing and control, contract research applied
R&D (involving design, process development, product engineering
prototype development, pilot production, technology proving
and type testing) and solution consultancy.
COSMIC LABS has
- Signed MoU with ISAC-ISRO and has worked with NIAS
- Organized workshops
- Published articles on subjects of national importance
- materials energy, environment and technology
- Established field laboratories
- Provided technical inputs for deciding litigations,
insurance claims and consumer disputes.
- Assisted in student projects
- Developed teaching aids
COMPETENCE and SPECIALIZATION
- Materials and processes - chemistry - structure -
property - process correlation of metals, alloys, polymers,
composites, ceramics, refractories, glass...
- Chemical, mechanical, metallurgical, physical... testing,
ndt, in-situ metallography...
- Creep, Stress rupture, fatigue, wear, high and low
- Failure analysis and prevention.
- Testing, data analysis, results interpretation for
remnant life assessment.
- Product and process development and product engineering
- R&D project management.
- Working, forming, heat treatment, powder technology,
thermo-mechanical processing, coating, plating and surface
- Dissimilar metal welding.
- Software development, application and integration
- Design, development and product engineering
- Rupture resistant structures and materials
- High Cr high Ni and High Mo special steels
- Electroforming machinery.
- Titanium alloys for body implants, dental and biomedical
- Dry lubricants and specialty chemicals
- Pollution testing and control, EA, EIA and waste handling
- Solution consultancy
VALUE and VISION
COSMIC LABS believes in self reliance,
excellence and technology and aims to earn the reputation
as a reference laboratory and grow into a multipurpose
total solutions center of excellence for research, engineering,
technology and quality - all at one source.
Helping build quality, reduce cost is
the mission at COSMIC LABS. To this end, we interact
with research institutions, industry and end users, organize
workshops, and make continuous effort to update our knowledge
and ability to deliver.
|Facing the Material Challenge
...A two day national workshop
|Influence of materials
and processes on
quality and reliability ...A one day national workshop
|Updating the knowledge
and the ability to deliver
|Team work - meeting
MoU with ISAC-ISRO